Private Universities Forum was formed in 2014 with the objective to enhance collaboration and coordination amongst the private sector universities in KPK. The forum intends to server a platform that would foster a culture of research, develop students and faculty network for the betterment of teaching quality.
On behalf of our members, we advocate for government policies and activities that will create conducive
environment for research and academic activities in the province .
These are difficult times for higher education in the country. Higher Education in KPK is facing great challenges, and with great challenges come great opportunities. PCUF plays a vital role in addressing both the challenges and opportunities that confront our members and in fostering a climate that is supportive of their missions. Working together, we can provide responsive and inspirational leadership on behalf of Private higher education and in doing so, serve our members, and distinguish our campuses as catalyst of change for our next generations by inculcating the values of tolerance, professionalism and innovation.
We foresee a future in which the emphasis of our higher education is to develop a globally competitive workforce comprising of leaders, entrepreneurs and professionals in their respective fields, which will strengthen the economy of the province and make it a better place to live for future generations.
Support the governments, parents, students and all stake holders in offering affordable quality education at all levels.
- The maintain and enhance goodwill among the member-institutions and to help in promotion of quality teaching and research;
- To hold joint seminars, and workshops, etc. for discussing academic matters and co-curricular activities etc;
- To exchange faculty for lectures, supervision M. Phil/M.S and Ph.D theses work, etc wherever possible;
- To allow students and faculty of member universities, the utilization of library, laboratory and sports facilities on reciprocal basis;
- To initiate measures for supporting private universities by the Provincial and Federal Government and the Higher Education Commission, Islamabad, for developing their infrastructure, i.e. laboratories, libraries and faculty development, etc.
- To invite the Chairman, Higher Education Commission federal / Provincial Ministers / Members of parliament, as well as other senior academic / administrative functionaries of public / private universities to routine or special meetings of the Forum, in order to share and understand each other’s point of view, with regard to promotion of higher education and research;
- To invite senior citizens, intellectuals, and scholars to the meetings of the Forum and benefit from their vies and suggestion;
- To invite Vice –Chancellors of Public and Private Universities to specially arrange meeting of the Forum, to share each other’s experiences, problems and suggest ways and means for improvement in academics and research;
- To initiate actions such as internship of students, joint research projects with K P Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Peshawar and similar other Fora for promotion of higher education on the Province/ Pakistan;
- To discuss issues regarding academic , research and to address other issues that may arise from time to time;
- To safe guard the interest of the Private Sector Universities and their charters;
- To help the needy and talented students in higher education by extending scholarships of them.
- The forum shall be used only for common interests and not for individual interests.
Existing Accreditation Councils/Professional Bodies:
- Pakistan Bar Council (PBC)
- Pakistan Council for Architects and Town Planners (PCATP)
- Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC)
- Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PMDC)
- Pakistan Nursing Council (PNC)
- Pakistan Pharmacy Council (PCP)
- Pakistan Veterinary Medical Council (PVMC)
- National Council for Homoeopathy (NCH)
- National Council for Tibb (NCT)
Accreditation Councils Established by HEC:
- National Accreditation Council for Teachers Education (NACTE)
- National Agricultural Education Accreditation Council (NAEAC)
- National Computing Education Accreditation Council (NCEAC)
- National Business Education Accreditation Council (NBEAC)
PCUF at a Glance
- More than 35, 000 students enrolled in member’s universities, including 23000 students at under graduate level and 12 000 at post graduate level.
- Member Universities provide scholarships worth more than 200 million per year to deserving and talented students. A total of 15000 need and merit based scholarships have already been offered.
- The universities employs more than 3500 highly skilled individuals injecting more than 2 billion in local economy.
- Universities graduates more than 7000 students per year. More than 70 % of graduates are employed within six months of graduation.
- University has investments of over billions in buildings, land, equipment’s and endowment funds.
- All member universities meet the standards set by the federal government and higher education commission. Faculty and students published and presented approximately 1600 research papers in reputed international & national journals and conferences.